Board of Directors ..
Yvon J. Alexandre
- President, J. P. Alexandre, LLC a property management company and operator of Uptown Flava Restaurant and Vibz Uptown Night Club.
- Founder of Alexandre, Clark Associates, Inc. (ACA Foods). ACA Foods is an Importer and wholesale distributor of Caribbean and West Indian food and beverages. ACA Foods also operate a retail outlets, ACA Foods Supermarket 3155 Main Street and employs 22 persons.
- Prior to operating his own business, Mr. Alexandre was employed by Textron Lycoming from 1984 to 1993 in various procurement capacities, his latest position being Manager Procurement, Finance and Administration. He managed a professional staff responsible for accounting, finance and purchasing for the company’s Fixed Based Operation. He was also a Purchasing Officer for the Judicial Department of the State of Connecticut and a Buyer for United Technologies Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Group.
- Mr. Alexandre earned a Masters of Business (MBA) from the University of New Haven with a concentration in International Business.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science, Business Administration from the University of Connecticut, Storrs.
- He is a Certified Manager (CM), Institute of Certified Professional Manager, James Madison University.
- Yvon is very active in the community. He is a board member of numerous organizations, including, The Metro Hartford Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Revitalization Association (NRZ), Hartford Enterprise Zone Business Association (HEZBA), Hartford Police Weed & Seed, Upper Albany Business Network, Connecticut Haitian American Association and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated.
- Yvon and his wife Rene’ have three sons, Jules 20, Jovan 18 and Justyn 14.
- Yvon enjoys playing golf and basketball. He Holds Third Degree Black Belt in the martial arts of jiu-jitsu.