Board of Directors ..
Michael A. Lazarus
1013 English Oak Drive
Suffolk, VA 23434
Home: (757) 923-5883
Cell: (757) 560-6492
Objective .. To create continuous learners while engaging students with a rigorous curriculum while providing a meaningful education to achieve and compete in the 21st century.
1995-1999/2001 ..... Norfolk State University ..... Norfolk, VA
- Bachelor of History Education - GPA 3.2
- MAT/MASCA - Masters of Art in Teaching in the Subject Content Area in an urban setting
2004-2005 ..... Nova Southeastern University ..... Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Ed. S. - Curriculim Instruction Management and Administration
1990-1995 ..... United States Navy ..... USS George Washington
- Aviation Support Technician (Air warfare specialist)
- Maintain aviation equipment (by means of: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, special chemical).
- Responsible for over 35 million dollars worth of equipment.
- Supervised a six member team.
1995-1999 ..... United States Marine Corp ..... Norfolk, VA
- Officer Candidate
- Responsible for training new midshipman on basic parade drills
- Held position of Company Commander and Platoon Leader
- Implemented training course for new recruits aboard USS Carter Hall
1999-2001 ..... Norfolk State University .....Norfolk, VA
- Graduate Assistant
- DeWallace Teacher Recruitment – administrative assignments
- Teacher Researcher – Research member for various teacher programs and school districts throughout the country
- BESTLab Researcher – bringing science and technology to the classrooms via grants from NASA and partnerships with Norfolk State
2001-2005 ..... Norfolk Public Schools ..... Norfolk, VA
- Teacher – 7th grade Social Studies (remedial, regular, and gifted ed.)
- Breakfast and Activity Bus Monitor –supervise large groups of students
- Write History curriculum for gifted students
- Wrestling Coach – first place district champions
- Advisor – W.E.B. Dubois Junior Honor Society
- College Board – AP/Pre-AP History Writing Trainer (SOAPSTone)